Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blog #8 due Sunday May 22

Telenovela

Title: Alma de Hierro
Airtime: Friday May 20 at 6pm

The characters were a couple named Jose and Elena Antonio with three children Sebastian, Sandra, and Luis.
     In the beginning Elena has coffee with her friend and they are talking about something that is sad and it involves family, I think the friend misses her family or maybe she is having family problems.  
     During this time the blind boyfriend of the friend enters and then the friend and her boyfriend go and visit an elder gentlemen Don. Don tells the blind man something that seems to upset him.  I think people are wary of their relationship.  There seems to be a problem involving a Maria Cruz.  The blind man goes to see this Maria Cruz and they have a conflict, I think maybe she used to be his girlfriend.  Maybe his new girlfriend and her had a chat and he didn't like it very much.
     Another young girl,Sandra, has just found out that she is pregnant.  Her grandmother comforts her while in her bedroom.  In the same house four men are fighting in the kitchen.  I think it is the father of the pregnant girl and the father of the boy.  The mother Elena walks into the kitchen and hears her family talking about her daughter being pregnant.  Judging from her facial expression I gather that she didn't know about it before hand. 
     Later on in the show the blind man, I think maybe he is a son of Elena and Jose goes to Sandra's room and talk about things.  I think the baby's father's name is Padro and the baby is due in May.  His phone rings and she tells him to answer it but he doesn't want to.  I assume it is his girlfriend.
     The grandmother shoos everyone out of the kitchen so that Elena and Jose can talk.  I gather they that were supposed to do something romantic before everything happened and have decided to have their romantic getaway anyways.  They are in a hotel and discuss how silly this is, Jose says that it isn't silly and they have a good time.    
     At the very end the blind man's ex-girlfriend and her family appear to be going on a camping trip.     
     
I thought the show was really good and I loved the dress that Elena was wearing.  I think if I had watched more then one episode I could grasp more of what was happening and who the people were.  It was kind of confusing to follow because they talked very fast and I didn't know most of the words so I couldn't understand that much but I could follow the facial expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment