Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blog Entry #7 due Friday



If I could go to any Spanish speaking country, I would travel to Spain. Their exchange rate is .69 euro for every dollar.  This means that the dollar has less value then euros so I would have to conserve my money. I suppose I would bring 3,000 dollars because hotels and meals would be expensive plus I would need spending money for shopping. I would travel with my mom, Madison, and my Aunt Sheila because they would be the most fun to be with. I would not want to travel with Patrick because he would just want to sit at the hotel and play videogames. I would travel to Barcelona, Valencia,and Madrid. The most memorable activity would be going to Barcelona because I have always wanted to go there since I watched the Cheetah Girls when they went to Barcelona in their second movie. 






In Barcelona, I would like to see the Montjuic Magic Fountains.  They are free to visit and offers a "fantastic' view of the city.  It was the place of the summer olympics. The fountains are designed to change the shape of the water. I think this would be interesting because I like to go visit specially designed water fountains like the Fountains of Bellagio in Vegas. I would also like to visit the Port Vell Antique Fair.  It is a "modern beachfront boulevard" that has a lot of antique setups. I help my dad when he sets up at antique shows and I would like to see how antique shows are done in other countries. Plus I think that vintage artifacts are cool and different. I like to visit Museums and Barcelona has  Picasso Museum that is free to visit.  It only shows Picasso's work. If I went to this museum I would probably have to do some research on his art works so that I can get the most out of the visit and so I can know that background of the famous works of art.  I would also visit the Las Ramblas which is a street that houses "fabulously designed buildings, outdoor vendors, and street performers."




Montjuic Magic Fountains
    
If I went to Spain, I would definitely have to visit their beaches because I love any and all beaches.  I would visit Valencia because it is along Spain's Levante coastline.  It is famous for its beaches and for its nightlife.  They don't have many beach bars and their seafood restaurants are lined along the boulevard, giving you plenty of room to enjoy the beaches without feeling claustrophobic.


Valencia's Beach




I would also want to travel to Madrid since it is the capital of Spain.  Madrid offers the Royal Palace of Madrid.  Unlike other palaces, this one grants access to a "large number of rooms to the public" like the throne room, dining room, and the ballroom. It has ceiling paintings form Goya and Velazquez and a design of the Royal Theater Opera.  I think going to a palace would be really interesting and it would offer an idea of how Royalty lives in other countries. It also has courtyards that have good views of the city and the countryside.  I would also want to visit the Teatro Real (opera house) where Diaghilev's Russian Ballet performs.  I have seen the nutcracker at the DPAC and found it quite good.  I like watching ballets and would like to watch one with a Spanish influence.  




Madrid's Royal Palace


RESTAURANTS
Barcelona- Con Gracia-It is rated number one on trip advisor and it offers food with Mediterranean flavors.  I think I would order the surprise menu in which the chef surprises you with seven different courses.
Madrid-Lo Scolapasta-It is rated number five and offers Italian Cuisine.  I would try the Gnocchi with Gorgonzola cream, truffle honey and pistachio and for dessert the ice cream with berries and cream.
Valencia-The Ginger Loft Cafe-It is rated number three and offers Asian food. I would order the fresh fruit caipiroskas.

No comments:

Post a Comment